Willkommen in unserer Community
Möchtest du dem Forum beitreten? Das gesamte Angebot ist kostenlos.
Registrieren
Joe
Smurf Bar
Cosy Beach Club

Neues aus Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima)

dodli

Member Inaktiv
Inaktiver Member
1 Februar 2015
Bayern
Hallo, kann mir wer sagen, was am 16. Februar 2017 für ein Fest in Korat gefeiert wird? Dieses Jahr auch im Februar.
Morgends werden Buddha Opfergaben gebracht und Abends werden Tänze und Feuershows gezeigt.

Name des Festes? Vielleicht kann mir wer das näher erklären? Würde mich interessieren, da ich im Februar dort mit hin soll

dodli

Member Inaktiv
Inaktiver Member
1 Februar 2015
Bayern
Ja das Video hat Sie mir geschickt. Sie meinte so ähnlich wie der Tanz.

Sie meinte das Fest beginnt am 16.2 in Korat und dauert 2 Tage. Alle tragen morgens Gewänder in weiß und Abends Kleider und führen Tänze auf.

13706265_141657902936089_501844570_n.jpg 13883928_141657862936093_1893028290_n.jpg 13874924_141657829602763_2035210516_n.jpg 13874954_141655342936345_1866034947_n.jpg 13833279_141655382936341_970281703_o.jpg

Mich würde das ganze näher interessieren, dass ich da nicht ganz dumm da stehe. Sie meinte dass ich wahrscheinlich der einzigste Falang dort sein werde

Cosy Beach Club

neitmoj

Ladydrink iss nicht!
Inaktiver Member
18 März 2009
die frage ist, ob diese sich die, vorsichtig ausgedrückt, recht GEwöhnungsbedürftige musik länger ziehen können, als benötigt wird, eine pulle lao khao zu leeren.

Sogar deutlich länger.
Auf der Darkside war ich mal dabei.
Die Veranstaltung hat etwas vom Weißen Sonntag bei den Katholizisten und dem chinesischen Vegetarian Festival.

Die tanzende Frau ist eine Art Hexe oder sie ist angeblich von einem bösen Geist befallen. Schätzungsweise von Kali. Ein Priester mit nacktem Oberkörper tut alles was in seiner Macht steht. Etliche junge Männer fügen sich Wunden zu, und eine Horde Frauen kreischt oder singt.
Einige Akteure rauchen bis zu 20 Zigaretten parallel, saufen Alkohol und spucken ihn wieder aus, bringen sich in Extase und sehen ziemlich bedrohlich aus.
Zum Glück saß ich bei den Ehrengästen, da wurden Alkohol und Früchte gereicht. Aber es ging halbwegs gesittet zu.

Leebanon

Member Inaktiv
Inaktiver Member
15 Juni 2009
Dark Side zwischen floating market & Phönix Golf
Ja das Video hat Sie mir geschickt. Sie meinte so ähnlich wie der Tanz.

Sie meinte das Fest beginnt am 16.2 in Korat und dauert 2 Tage. Alle tragen morgens Gewänder in weiß und Abends Kleider und führen Tänze auf.

da fällt mir spontan ein englischer Bericht ein,
man lädt sich einen ausländischen Besucher ein, und besucht ihn in seinem Kopf ... so ähnlich war die Vorstellung von manchen ,,,
achte auf das Tigerfell !

I've just experienced and witnessed one of the weirdest evenings of my life.

All I can do here is describe the evening’s events as I saw them as I still don’t fully understand what took place. If anyone out there can add further information I’d be grateful. And I’d like to say at this point that I have a lot of respect for the whole event and the beliefs of the people that took part. (This is not a P4P report.)

There is a girl here that I know that recently told me that she has started to have a Hindu god 'inside' her sometimes and that she goes to 'parties' where many others become possessed by different Gods. She told me that she is one of the ‘lucky ones’ and this only happens to a very small percentage of people. After not being able to answer my many questions about this she invited me to come along to see one of these 'parties'. Well, I'm up for anything on the nights when I'm not on the prowl and on the piss and this sounded an interesting way to see a part of Thai culture that I never knew about.

She came and collected me from my hotel tonight and then we met up with her ‘group’. This group consisted of one Thai guy (a lawyer), three Thai girls, three katoeys and ‘Papa’, the leader of the group. We then filled up two cars and drove off to the meeting which was outside Pattaya near Laem Chabeng. I was happily accepted as part of this group and was told that there was no problem with a Farang going along and that it was OK to take photos. I made a joke about a ‘black magic’ evening and me being the sacrifice to the Gods but she assured me that it was nothing like that. She said that I was just to sit and watch and ‘not to do anything if I saw anything’. I was starting to wonder how strange the evening was going to get.

We finally arrived at the destination for today’s ‘party’ after following special symbols that had been left at road junctions. It looked like quite a big gathering which had been set up in an open marquee holding about 100 people. Before we could go in my group had to get dressed up for the occasion and they all put on saris apart from ‘Papa’ who donned some kind of animal skin costume. I didn’t have a costume because I was just a viewer but I had been told not to wear anything black.

The set up in the tent was a band playing Muay Thai style music behind a large shrine area with lots of plastic chairs set up around three sides of the main floor area.
posessed4.jpg
The evening was already underway as we took our seats – band was playing, the MC was chanting and shouting and there were a few people in front of the shrine who would periodically throw water or what looked like flower petals over the shrine area.

I was sat to the right of the lawyer and directly behind the three katoeys. Another group then sat next to and behind me with a small woman with dyed blonde hair taking the seat next to mine.

Papa did the rounds, after a visit to the shrine, saying hello and ‘blessing’ all the other group elders with his hand making what I suppose is a Hindu greeting but reminded me of the klingon gesture. He then took his seat and got his group ready, blessing them and placing a red dot on the forehead.

Here is ‘Papa’ blessing one of the Katoeys:
posessed5.jpg
Not long after, a load of firecrackers were set off, the band got louder and the MCs chanting got louder and more intense. I think it was at this point that the Gods were starting to be summoned.

I look around and the lawyer has started to retch and convulse. A couple of the others look at him, then place themselves around. It looks like they are going to make sure he is OK but they give him two lit cigarettes and some leaves which he then smokes and chews on until he is convulsing even more, eventually spewing a small amount into a plastic bag which ahs been placed on the ground below him. One of the katoeys is also going through the same motions, while shaking and shivering a lot as well. Some other people in the crowd also have things happening to them. The woman sat next to me has stood up and started to do a slow arm waving dance and her face has contorted into a very angry expression.

I am the only farang here. Nobody seems to mind me being here, so I decide to remain seated where I am, remain calm and just watch the proceedings. I stop taking photos now though, but the lawyer guy, who now appears OK, tells me that I can get photos at the end.

More summoning of the Gods begins. More people in the crowd start to become ‘possessed’. Some of those that become ‘possessed’ remain in their seats, rocking back and forward, arms waving, chanting, shaking. Others walk up to the ‘dance floor’ area in front of the shrine – they walk, move and act in the character of the particular God that has got hold of them. Some bend over double, and use a walking stick. A tough looking guy in the group next to me has his fists clenched and looks angry and he slowly walks up to the dance floor, where he then starts a slow ‘arms in the air’ dance. There is a big variety of dance styles going on from contorted body shapes to graceful Thai style to Lucifer techno style. The age range of the ‘possessed’ varies from kids of about eight years old to old women of about eighty. There are different costumes for the different groups depending on the area of Gods they become are from. My group is Hindu, others might be Chinese or different Thai Gods.

At the height of the summonings I do start to worry that mass hysteria might break out. All of a sudden the woman next to me lets out a blood curdling scream. people look around at her but she is OK – she is just possessed. (I find out afterwards that she may have been possessed by some monkey God). She screams again. A guy somewhere else starts to bark. ‘Papa’ has started ringing a bell and repeatedly blowing on a seashell horn. The lawyer has got an ecstatic grin on his face and has started to giggle away and laugh at people – he has become ‘possessed’ by a child Hindu God and is acting like he is three years old because that is how old the God is. The others give him a can of fanta and keep him amused. Those that are ‘possessed’ are taken care of by those that aren’t so they don’t do injury to themselves from the rocking and convulsing that they are not in control of.
posessed1.jpg
After over an hour and a half of the summonings things start to die down a bit. Papa receives an envelope from somebody which is his invite for his group to go to the next meeting.

It looks like the party will continue for a while yet but our group makes our way to the cars for the journey back to Pattaya. We then went for some food at a place opposite Lolita’s. Papa asks me to come to the next meeting – it is in Rayong at eight the next morning. I politely decline, saying that I’ll still be sleeping at that time. I feel privileged to have seen this but I don’t want to become a regular. During the meal I try to explain that I don’t have religion. Papa is an interesting guy – he has done all sorts of jobs in his time from seismic work on boats to managing supplies for U.S. forces during the Vietnam war. He went through a ‘change’ before becoming what he is now, having spent three years in the jungle first clearing his mind and devoting himself. After paying for the meal to thank them for the evening we said our goodbyes but I think I have arranged to go bowling with papa and the lawyer next week…..

What can I say?... Certainly a different night from the usual night out in Pattaya and I do feel honoured to have seen it. I’ve done a search on the internet but not found that much information about it all.

Maybe I don’t need to know that much – I might just end up getting more confused the more I try to find out about it.
posessed3.jpg

der Bericht ist weit über 12 Jahre alt, und die Bilder dürften irgendwann bestimmt verschwinden,
falls es jemanden interessiert, kann der es sich ja abspeichern.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: neitmoj

kalle11

Überzeugter Isaanist
Verstorben
21 Oktober 2008
Paradise Isaan
Die Erweiterung der Mall in Korat ist fast fertig. So sieht der Palast jetzt aus der Vogelperspektive aus (Fotos teilweise von der FB-Seite der Mall):

Thailernen.net

kalle11

Überzeugter Isaanist
Verstorben
21 Oktober 2008
Paradise Isaan
Gestern um 10.00 Uhr war Eröffnung. Da wir sowieso in Korat waren, beschlossen wir mal da vorbei zu schauen falls es nicht zu voll ist. Etwa 5 Minuten vorher kamen wir dort an und wunderten uns. Vor allen Eingängen standen Hunderte von Schülern die wohl alle blau gemacht haben und warteten darauf, dass die Türen aufgingen. Teilweise hatten sie wie man aus den Medien erfahren konnte schon seit dem Vorabend vor den Türen gelegen.

Grund waren diese beiden neuen Läden, die den ersten Kunden Einkaufsgutscheine versprochen hatten. Ein Wahnsinn was darin los war.

Meine Frau interessierte nun auch mal sehr, was an H & M so besonders sein sollte, da man so viel davon hört.

Um sich ein Urteil zu bilden brauchte meine Frau nur wenige Minuten und ein paar Fühltests an der angebotenen Ware. Die Qualität vieler auf den Thai Märkten angebotenen Ware von 100 - 300 Baht ist viel höher als das was es hier für ein Mehrfaches dieser Beträge gab. Also schnell wieder raus.

Nun erwartet nicht eine große Fotoserie! Ich habe weiter keine Bilder gemacht.

Alles nur Luxusläden in einer Preisklasse die uns nicht interessiert.

Allein 44 neue Restaurants hauptsächlich Japanisch oder Burger, am häufigsten auch von Farangs schon vorher in den Medien erwähnt ein BURGER KING. Viele Lokale, besonders die teuren, gut besucht von den Schülern, die scheinbar fast alle Kohle ohne Ende haben.

Unser Rundgang dauerte nur wenige Minuten mit dem Fazit: Brauchen wir nicht - wollen wir nicht! Wiederkommen zum Geld ausgeben ist relativ unwahrscheinlich.

Weitere Besuche wie es auch sehr viele andere Thais machen höchstens zu einem kleinen Spaziergang in klimatisierten Raum wenn es draußen sehr heiß ist.

kalle11

Überzeugter Isaanist
Verstorben
21 Oktober 2008
Paradise Isaan
Auch im alten Bereich hat sich einiges getan oder tut sich noch. Der gesamte Food-Court wurde renoviert und freundlich heller gestaltet.

Das ist sowieso der einzige Teil der Mall den wir regelmäßig wirklich nutzen. Sehr gute Auswahl an Thai Food nur 10 oder 20 Baht teurer als an der Garküche.

An vielen Ladenlokalen sieht man hier noch das Schild:

Diesen Laden besuche ich regelmäßig. "by Yamazaki" Für meinen Geschmack die besten Brötchen die es in Thailand gibt, die aber auch mit 16 Baht also ca. 40 Cent einen heftigen Preis haben. Aber ab und zu darf es auch mal Luxus sein! Zu Hause klemme ich mir dann eine selbst gemachte Frikadelle da rein.

Die Auslage sieht auf dem Foto noch sehr spärlich aus. Die richtet man eben erst her, wenn der Laden schon offen hat und nicht vorher. Wären ja Überstunden.

Auch mit viel Vorschusslorbeeren bedacht der @Turgay -Gourmettempel ...

... und eine Pizzeria die viele vom Save One Markt kennen wo es angeblich auch schon immer gut geschmeckt hat:

kalle11

Überzeugter Isaanist
Verstorben
21 Oktober 2008
Paradise Isaan
Worauf viele schon warten das dauert noch ein paar Tage:

Man kann durch eine Scheibe aber schon einen Blick auf die Noch-Baustelle werfen.

Die Eisfläche scheint ja richtig groß zu werden. Aber ganz hinten rechts hinter der Säule kann man eine kleine Schräge erkennen. Das soll die Rodelbahn werden. So wie es von weitem aussieht könnte die aber mit ein paar Leuten schon hoffnungslos überfüllt sein.

Dekoration ist jedenfalls schon eingetroffen ...

... und weihnachten tut es auch schon.