Neuer Präsident der Philippinen verspricht Gesetzestreue
Umstrittener neuer Präsident der Philippinen verspricht Gesetzestreue, Manila
Umstrittener neuer Präsident der Philippinen verspricht Gesetzestreue, Manila
Inside the Philippines' Cemetery Slum | VICE | United Kingdom
New Zealand photographer Danial Eriksen traveled 8,000 kilometers [5,000 miles] to photograph Smokey Mountain—a Filipino landfill that houses thousands of people. But once he started snapping pictures, government officials immediately sent him away. With no back up plan, Danial headed to a nearby island, where he heard about the Cemeterio Del Norte, a graveyard previously explored by VICE Japan. The twist of the story? The graveyard is inhabited by people who pull bones from tombs to build "apartments."
‘Surrender in 48 hrs or die’
The new Philippine National Police chief yesterday gave police coddlers of drug lords two days to surrender or face the consequences of defying President Duterte’s merciless fight against illegal drugs. “Surrender in 48 hours or die,” Director General Ronald “Bato” de la Rosa said in a speech during ceremonies for his assumption of office as the new PNP chief.
President Duterte led the ceremonies, ordering corrupt policemen in a speech to resign, vowing “zero tolerance” for rogue law enforcers, and promising “to die” for those who do their duty honestly. “I will not run this country with a corrupt police,” Mr. Duterte said.
Weekend drug toll: 18 die, 952 surrender
Bodies kept piling up as 18 more suspected drug pushers were killed separately over the weekend. Fear of getting killed prompted at least 952 confessed drug users and pushers to surrender across the country in the past two days. Five suspects were killed in Quiapo and another was shot by lawmen in Tondo, Manila yesterday. ... The latest killings brought to 30 the number of drug suspects killed after the inauguration of Duterte on June 30. ... The increasing number of drug offenders getting killed in police operations forced almost a thousand self-confessed drug pushers and users to surrender to the authorities. ... Most of them had expressed fears that they might end up dead if they did not give up illegal drugs.
Drug killings alarm Palace
BELIEVE it or not, the Duterte administration is also alarmed at the spike in drug killings in the country. Speaking to reporters in Malacañang on Monday, presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said President Duterte was aware of the spate of drug killings involving police and of what appeared to be summary executions of drug suspects. Abella said the rising body count was a cause for “concern” in the administration, adding that it could be an indication of the “depth of the drug menace” in the country.
Duterte names top cops allegedly involved in illegal drugs trade
President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday named top police officials allegedly involved in the illegal drugs trade or protection of drug syndicates. “I am compelled by my sense of duty to tell you the police who contributed to deterioration of law and order in this country,” Duterte said in his speech at the 69th anniversary of the Philippine Air Force here.
@gopinay
Könntest du deine Beiträge in einer anderen Farbe reinstellen ? Ich habe extreme Probleme das auf dem Laptop zu lesen ,ist zu dunkel . Danke !
Skippy
Five cities jack up suspects’ body count
... Rolando Resido, 51, was about to be taken to Gat Andres Bonifacio for a checkup when policemen from the Manila Police District’s (MPD) Smokey Mountain station shot him inside their patrol car Tuesday morning ...
Meanwhile, a robbery suspect identified as Conrado Beroña III, 36, was killed in a “shootout” around 11:40 p.m. Tuesday in San Andres, said Supt. Robert Domingo, chief of MPD Sta. Ana station. ... It was not established if Beroña was actually the man who took the phone, but Domingo said the suspect “ran away” upon seeing a police team arrive at the area, leading to a chase.
The number of police killings and summary executions in Manila has risen to 15 in a span of four days.
Duterte TV, radio show, newspaper to go nationwide in August
Not only will Filipinos be able to watch President Rodrigo Duterte through his own weekly television show, they will also hear his voice on the radio and read his words through a government-issued tabloid.
He said about 75 percent of drug trade all over the country are being cooked or transacted inside the New Bilibid Prison.
Streit um Spratly-Inseln: Chinas Fischer fürs Grobe
Sie sehen aus wie normale Fischer, aber einige chinesische Kutter im Südchinesischen Meer sind im militärischen Auftrag unterwegs. Die Führung in Peking vertraut bei den Gebietsstreitigkeiten auf Fischereimilizen - dies musste nicht nur die US-Marine erfahren.
DILG secretary orders lifestyle check for police force
Uniformed men and women who find ways to earn extra money through illegal means have a reason to be scared.
Interior and Local Government Secretary Ismael Sueno ordered a sweeping lifestyle check of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to ensure that the members of the police force are living within their means.
Sueno tasked PNP chief Director General Ronald de la Rosa to proceed with the lifestyle check in the PNP, starting with the police generals, Philippine Star reports
Südchinesisches Meer: Schiedshof in Den Haag rügt China im Inselstreit - SPIEGEL ONLINE
China hat keine Hoheitsansprüche auf Inseln im Südchinesischen Meer. Das entschied das internationale Schiedsgericht in Den Haag am Dienstag. Die Volksrepublik beansprucht mehr als 80 Prozent des drei Millionen Quadratkilometer großen Gebietes für sich - auch die Regionen in der Nähe der Philippinen. Diese Ansprüche wiesen die fünf internationalen Richter nun zum großen Teil zurück.
Beijing raises rhetoric ahead of South China Sea ruling
ijing braced Tuesday for an international tribunal’s ruling on the South China Sea, where it has expansive territorial claims, with all eyes watching for the Asian giant’s reaction on the ground or in the water.




